CILEx Level 6 – Unit 07 – Family Law
Course Duration – 10 Months
What does this course cover?
- Understand the underlying legal principles of marriage
- Understand the underlying legal principles of adult partnerships
- Understand the underlying legal principles of nullity in marriage
- Understand the underlying legal principles of dissolution of marriage, civil partnership and judicial separation
- Understand statutory provisions for protection from violence and molestation
- Understand provisions for family property and ownership
- Understand provisions for financial relief during and after marriage/civil partnership
- Understand the legal basis of parental responsibility
- Understand relevant legal provision in relation to children
Who is the course for?
- Learners who wish to follow the CILEx professional route to become Chartered Legal Executives and have already completed the level 3 Professional Diploma in Law and Practice.
- Anyone interested in a stand-alone Diploma because of work or personal interests.
What qualification will you get?
- This unit can be a stand-alone qualification, it can be a part of the CILEx level 6 Diploma in Law and Practice.
What other related courses are in this area of Study?
- Practice of family law.
How does distance learning work with Brightlink Learning?
Q – What do you get when you buy a Brightlink CILEx unit?
A face to face one to one induction via video conferencing.
A restorative approach to your learning where you and your tutor will discuss what you need to do your best and agree a mutual learning contract based on that.
Access for the length of your subscription to our online materials which are written and triple quality checked by experts within the fields of education and law.
Unlimited access to a tutor who will know you and your learning well, by email and video conferencing.
Q – What do I need to provide to study for CILEx qualifications with Brightlink?
The formula for success in studying CILEx is time and commitment plus tutor guidance and reading what the examiner is reading. CILEx examiners recommend a text to read for each unit at both levels. When they’re writing the exam paper they’ll be expecting that you have read that book and will know what’s in it. Recommended texts are published by a variety of publishers. At level 6 these can be found on the CILEx website under recommended reading http://www.cilex.org.uk/study/information_for_students/recommended_reading.aspx at level 3 the recommended texts are published by CILEx Law School http://www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk/publications/printed please be careful when using the shop you only need the relevant manual not the full course. Your tutor will support you fully with updates and revision so you won’t need to pay for any extra time or materials.
Other useful information?
Q – When and how can I enrol for a Brightlink CILEx course?
You can buy a unit and begin whenever you choose. For professional skills units see the assessment schedule. For all other units just go to our courses page/ shop, select the units you would like to study and place them in your basket. Then checkout and our system will let us know we need to approve you to join the course and allocate your tutor which we’ll do as quickly as we possibly can. You can access your materials immediately after we approve your registration and your tutor will be in touch very soon.