CILEx Level 3 – Unit 08-Law of Wills and Succession
Course Duration – 6 Months
What does this course cover?
- Understand the concept of a will and codicil
- Understand the requirements for making a valid will or codicil
- Understand the main clauses commonly found in wills
- Understand the circumstances in which gifts in a will might fail
- Understand the ways in which a will can be revoked
- Understand the statutory rules relating to entitlement to property on intestacy
- Understand the role of personal representatives
- Understand the different types of grants of representation
- Understand when further affidavit evidence might be required on application for a grant of representation.
Who is the course for?
- Learners who wish to follow the CILEx professional route to become Chartered Legal Executives.
- Anyone interested in an introduction to and overview of Wills and Succession in England and Wales who is willing to become a CILEx member in order to sit the assessment.
What qualification will you get?
- This unit is not a stand-alone qualification, it can be a part of the CILEx level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice and can be an optional part of the CILEx level 3 Professional Diploma in Law and Practice.
What other related courses are in this area of Study?
- Combine with level 3 introduction to law and practice, legal research, client care skills and probate practice to form a level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice.
- To form a Level 3 Diploma in Law and Practice, combine with introduction to law and practice, client care skills, legal research skills, land law, law of tort, criminal law, contract law and 2 practice units of which must linked to law units taken.
How does distance learning work with Brightlink Learning?
Q – What do you get when you buy a Brightlink CILEx unit?
A face to face one to one induction via video conferencing.
A restorative approach to your learning where you and your tutor will discuss what you need to do your best and agree a mutual learning contract based on that.
Access for the length of your subscription to our online materials which are written and triple quality checked by experts within the fields of education and law.
Unlimited access to a tutor who will know you and your learning well, by email and video conferencing.
Q – What do I need to provide to study for CILEx qualifications with Brightlink?
The formula for success in studying CILEx is time and commitment plus tutor guidance and reading what the examiner is reading. CILEx examiners recommend a text to read for each unit at both levels. When they’re writing the exam paper they’ll be expecting that you have read that book and will know what’s in it. Recommended texts are published by a variety of publishers. At level 6 these can be found on the CILEx website under recommended reading http://www.cilex.org.uk/study/information_for_students/recommended_reading.aspx at level 3 the recommended texts are published by CILEx Law School http://www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk/publications/printed please be careful when using the shop you only need the relevant manual not the full course. Your tutor will support you fully with updates and revision so you won’t need to pay for any extra time or materials.
Other useful information?
Q – When and how can I enrol for a Brightlink CILEx course?
You can buy a unit and begin whenever you choose. For professional skills units see the assessment schedule. For all other units just go to our courses page/ shop, select the units you would like to study and place them in your basket. Then checkout and our system will let us know we need to approve you to join the course and allocate your tutor which we’ll do as quickly as we possibly can. You can access your materials immediately after we approve your registration and your tutor will be in touch very soon.