CILEx Level 3 – Unit 01-Introduction to Law and Practice
What does this course cover?
- The structure of law.
- The organs of government.
- How an Act of Parliament is created.
- The meaning of delegated legislation.
- How the doctrine of judicial precedent operates.
- How membership of the European Union influences the law of England and Wales.
- The court hierarchy.
- The relevance of the European Convention on Human Rights.
- How disputes can be resolved outside the court hierarchy.
- The personnel of the English legal system, their qualification routes and their roles.
- Laymen within the legal system of England and Wales.
Who is the course for?
- Learners who wish to follow the CILEx professional route to become Chartered Legal Executives.
- Anyone interested in an introduction to an overview of law and practice in England and Wales who is willing to become a CILEx member in order to sit the assessment.
What qualification will you get?
This unit is not a stand-alone qualification, it is a mandatory part of the CILEx level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice and the CILEx level 3 Professional Diploma in Law and Practice.
What other related courses are in this area of Study?
- Combine with level 3 legal research, level 3 client care, one law unit and one corresponding practice unit to form a level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice.
- Combine with level 3 legal research, level 3 client care, land law, law of tort, criminal law, contract law, 3 other units at least two of which must be practice units linked to law units taken.
- You may be exempt from this unit if you have a law A-level or have undertaken other law courses, you can check this by speaking directly to CILEx about exemptions.
How distance learning works with Brightlink Learning
Q – What do you get when you buy a Brightlink CILEx unit?
A face to face one to one induction via video conferencing.
A restorative approach to your learning where you and your tutor will discuss what you need to do your best and agree a mutual learning contract based on that.
Access for the length of your subscription to our online materials which are written and triple quality checked by experts within the fields of education and law.
Unlimited access to a tutor who will know you and your learning well, by email and Skype.
Q – What do I need to provide to study for CILEx qualifications with Brightlink?
The formula for success in studying CILEx is time and commitment plus tutor guidance and reading what the examiner is reading. CILEx examiners recommend a text to read for each unit at both levels. When they’re writing the exam paper they’ll be expecting that you have read that book and will know what’s in it. Recommended texts are published by a variety of publishers. At level 6 these can be found on the CILEx website under recommended reading http://www.cilex.org.uk/study/information_for_students/recommended_reading.aspx at level 3 the recommended texts are published by CILEx Law School http://www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk/publications/printed please be careful when using the shop you only need the relevant manual not the full course. Your tutor will support you fully with updates and revision so you won’t need to pay for any extra time or materials
Other useful information?
Q – When and how can I enrol for a Brightlink CILEx course?
You can buy a unit and begin whenever you choose. For professional skills units see the assessment schedule. For all other units just go to our courses page/ shop, select the units you would like to study and place them in your basket. Then checkout and our system will let us know we need to approve you to join the course and allocate your tutor which we’ll do as quickly as we possibly can. You can access your materials immediately after we approve your registration and your tutor will be in touch very soon.